HOME zz|zz MEMORIAL zz|zz BIO's zz|zz TEACHER TRIBUTE zz|zz CONTACT zz|zz UPDATE
______________________________________________________________________________________




Search this Blog

Custom Search

Friday, June 26, 2009

Going to the reunion

If you’re struggling with the idea of attending the upcoming reunion please read on.
Apparently the internal debate is universal. If I wait until I am rich enough or wait until I’m thin enough or if I have to wait until I’m successful enough, you guys will never see me again!

It would behoove us all to realize that our classmates don’t care about what we look like, the size of our checkbook or how fast we have climbed the corporate ladder.


Excuse #1: I’ve gained a lot of weight.

Rebuttal: Look around!! I doubt any of us could get back into our jeans from high school anymore.


Excuse #2 I’m a different person than I was in high school.

Rebuttal: Lucky for you, we ALL are. Let’s face it; we could only have improved.


Excuse #3: I don’t look as good as I’d like. I am bald, have wrinkles, saddlebags, grey hair and no one will recognize me.

Rebuttal: Guess what! You won’t recognize anyone else, either.


Excuse #4: I‘m not successful. I’m not a lawyer, a doctor or rich.

Rebuttal: You will be pleasantly surprised to find how much everyone has matured. We may be plump and wrinkled but we are not stupid. Money is not success.


Excuse #5: I was not in a popular clique in school.

Rebuttal: Now that we are older and smarter, those cliques have dissolved just like the superficialities they were based on. The only cliques you will notice at the reunion will be the sound of our joints as you walk around.


___________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add comments and suggestions with your name and email. If you are not a member of Google, you can still comment using the Anonymous selection. Message us if you have trouble commenting.