HOME zz|zz MEMORIAL zz|zz BIO's zz|zz TEACHER TRIBUTE zz|zz CONTACT zz|zz UPDATE
______________________________________________________________________________________




Search this Blog

Custom Search

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Got an Email from Barbara & Dude Ross this week

I got an email from Barbara and Dude Ross this week. They reported on the lawn party that Barbara held on Peach Days Saturday afternoon and Dude's trip.
--
Bob Holmes
Holmes.Bob@Gmail.Com


-~-
-~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~-
On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Barbara stokes <Email upon request> wrote:

Hi Bob,
... Along with the regular August stuff, BE County Fair for a week, canning tomatoes, Peach Queen Pageant that had to be moved to the Egyptian Theater in Ogden, then go into September with the large kidney stone, Peach Days a great visit from Dude and his wife, Carol. My sister got here from California just in time to help with a lawn party for Dude and some of his pals. We were all hoping that you would be able to make it to Brigham after you had finished your work for your North Ogden clients. We had a great time together with Mike Thurston, Shelby Whitaker, Herm Erdman and a few others along with their wives. Dude and Carol then went on a fishing trip to Bear Lake with Mike Carbaugh and his wife Robin for about five days. Then back at my house there were a few baskets of peaches and tomatoes and pears looking me in the face and I think I am now down to the last half bushel of each today and then I will start to pick grapes by next Wednesday. Mike Thurstan asked me if I would be making any wine with them but I told him that I was more of a peanut butter and (grape) jelly girl myself, along with all my grandkids.

Other not so good news - got a message from Henry Yates letting me know that Gary Dunn's son passed away about two weeks ago.
Thanks for your patient support ...
Barb

-~-
-~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~-
On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 10:05 PM, Jim Ross <Email upon request> wrote:

Had a great Peach Days. Got to see Herm Erdman and Mike Thurston. Barbara had a fun party for us. Also caught a lot of big fish at Bear Lake. Went back to work last week. Made me appreciate being off. But it was time to get back. Take care,
Dude

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add comments and suggestions with your name and email. If you are not a member of Google, you can still comment using the Anonymous selection. Message us if you have trouble commenting.